How to Trim Videos and Remove Unwanted Parts with Movavi Video Editor
Although you may be extra careful when recording videos, inevitably there’s bound to be at least a little bit of unnecessary footage. It may be part of the video at the start or the end that isn’t required, or it may even be a small bit of video where something went wrong that you’d like to remove.
If you know how to ‘trim’ your video, you could essentially remove any parts that aren’t required and only leave the parts that you want behind. It is a vital part of video editing, and one of the most useful ways that you can improve a video.
While you may not have much (or any) experience editing videos, the good news is that you don’t really need it. All that you do need is Movavi Video Editor, and you can trim your video by just following these simple steps:
- Click ‘Add Media Files’ and select the video that you want to trim.
- Click on the video where it appears in the ‘Timeline’ and move the red marker along to the point where you want to split your footage.
- Click the ‘Scissors’ icon to split your footage.
- Repeat these steps until the segment of video that you want to remove is isolated so that you can select it and click ‘Delete’ to remove it.
- When you’re satisfied click ‘Export’ to save your video.
If you need to remove a part of the beginning or end of the video then you’ll only need to split your video once to isolate it. On the other hand if it is in the middle then you will need to split it twice. Honestly it isn’t that difficult, and it should only take you a few minutes at most.
Be sure to also explore the other features of Movavi Video Editor and don’t be afraid to experiment with them. Among its features you’ll find some that allow you to enhance the video quality, add customizable text, apply special effects and filters, include background music, and much more.
It isn’t too hard to begin trimming video footage using Movavi Video Editor, and that is just a small part of its potential really. As you try out its other features you’ll see how you can use them in tandem to create impressive and unique videos.